Monday, September 2, 2013

The Truth About My Life

bloggers block
Bloggers Block

There are a million truths I could share with you today. The truth about my life, is that my house is only clean for one hour on Monday afternoon, except for bank holidays, like today, at which point my house might be clean for a half hour on Tuesday, but more likely it won't be clean until next Monday at 2.

The truth is, I often let my children watch Sponge Bob Square pants, and they usually eat sugary cereal on Saturday. Sugar and Saturday almost rhyme, so it would seem that it is the order that God intended. Besides, that my neighbor next door who is "mature" and wise, says that I need to let my kids eat more sugar if I want them to like me, and I really think she must be right because my youngest son is asking for Dong Dongs and Happy Helper. Oh, and Meatless Monday, well that is usually on Tuesday night.

The truth is, I have blogger's block. I cannot call it writers block, because I have routinely spit out theses, and portions of my dissertation for the past week and a half. If you have read my About Me page, then you will note that I am working diligently on a fast paced PHD in Psychology, it is true, and it also makes for a shameless display of keywords. I don't think that is the only reason I am working on a degree however, on Tuesday at 5:30 I wonder. I also wonder when I am falling asleep at 7 p.m. on Thursday, if getting up at 4:30 every morning is really wise. Back to the point, the truth is, I cannot call this blog post "title block" either, because I have thought up a list of new topics and titles that you may want to check back on in the future. Great titles like, Supply and Demand and the Bible, Where to Find Starts for Your Garden, Solar Panels: Are They Right for You?, Seed and great recipes like Brown Rice Bake, Sustainable Bread Starter and Thousand Island Dressing. It doesn't take much to type a recipe eh? So then, the truth is, I have blogger's block.



It could be because of this weeks hassles with technical difficulties that I am still trying to resolve, or sprouted wheat that didn't sprout and the bread maker that won't make sprouted wheat bread. Apparently the Whole Wheat setting on my bread maker is ill equipped for proper whole wheat baking. Whatever the case may be; I've been hit! Have you ever had blogger's block? Well, of coarse if you don't blog, you wouldn't have it. I had to tell you all the truth about my life. I imagine just spilling the truth on a blank page might end the madness.

I hope to post one of these great topics by tomorrow afternoon, but for now I have to go face two little faces, and the husband that is home from work on this bank holiday, before they notice that I have barricaded myself in the bedroom to write on my blog. Until then, you can peruse my blog or buy a copy of my book from Amazon.

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading this post. I like how you word things. I always have bloggers block. That's when I run into the kitchen and bake something because like you said, Blogging a recipe doesn't take much. lol. My blog is full of them! I wish I could write funny intelligent post for my blog. Hmmm Maybe one day. Come visit me sometime. www.lifeawayfromtheofficechair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

How I became Considering frugal

Fueled by the growing list of pollution related allergies my family suffered from each day and inspired by my 97 year old grandmother who could recycle ANYTHING before recycling was cool, back in 2011, I decided (in the spirit of the Julie/Julia Project...) to embark on a journey to see just how much one family could do to change our planet. I did not consult any other parties before I launched this idea. Thankfully my husband, daughter and son are usually my biggest supporters. Here is the catch; as I am normally very thrifty (you can note from early blog posts), I was looking for ways that I could reduce our carbon footprint and make socially responsible purchases without increasing our spending. Mmmmmm. I did succeed in changing our habits a bit and finding ways to reduce our footprint. There were lots of fun epic fails alone the way too! But the biggest change we have made over the course of the last six years, was to move from the mega city of Phoenix to Wyoming where we are about to take an even bigger step and move out on a dirt road in the country where we can expand our hobby bees and more! You can read my full bio on my About Me page.

Legal Disclaimer

While it is true that I am working on a PHD in Psychology and very smart and frugal, I am not a medical doctor, criminal, personal or accident lawyer. I do not sell insurance nor am I an accountant or mortgage advisor. While some of my posts may offer good ideas on home, health and business solutions, I am not personally responsible nor is Considering frugal for any advice, ideas, recipes or menu plans that you decide to use. This blog is intended to be helpful and fun. Any products you purchase from my Amazon store or any other retailer advertised on my blog must be returned to them. I may sometimes endorse a product that I love. This is simply my opinion, you must try all products at your own risk. While I personally do not use tracking cookies or share information, my affiliates are third parties and they may do so. Please click, travel and purchase at your own risk.

frugal advice

"...for your Father knows what you need before you ask." Matthew 6:8