Saturday, December 31, 2011

Best and worst movies 2011


 
Judging by the length of my list you might think I didn't see many movies this year, however we are big movie viewers even shelling out for the theater on a regular basis. I am very hopeful that 2012 will prove some better pics from Hollywood. Please don't disappoint me!

Best family movies

Soul Surfer is both my best family pic and in my opinion the best movie of the entire year. It tells the incredible and inspiring story of Bethany Hamilton, the then amateur surfer who had her arm bitten off by a shark.

Best Action Drama

Of course Pirate's was great as usual, and we had the pleasure of previewing it at a new AMC dine-in theater which was the bomb. The Lincoln Lawyer, not a family film but full of great suspense and great contrast between drama and light comic relief. Matthew McConaughey is great in this film.

Best Romantic Comedy

Although I did see a few romantic comedies this year, Something Borrowed being one, nothing really stands out. I am hoping for a better one in 2012.

Worst movie of the year

Midnight in Paris was a snore fest. Happy ending, yes. One funny scene and the remainder of the movie left me wanting to pluck out my eyebrows slowly.

Best Kids Movie

Best kids movie, based on the fact that I enjoyed watching it in the theater and didn't regret the $7 it cost to get in, Judy Moody and the Not So Bummer Summer.

Worst Kids Movie

Worst kids movie, based on the fact that I regretted the the $1 it cost for rental and the long wait until the end of the movie, Smurfs.

Memorable Recommendations

If you have already seen all the best movies and are looking for a few more...Footloose, for fantastic remake, Dolphin Tale, for great family film, Rio, beautiful animation, Country Strong, excellent drama, Larry Crowne, Captain America was reasonable, Courageous and We Bought a Zoo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How I became Considering frugal

Fueled by the growing list of pollution related allergies my family suffered from each day and inspired by my 97 year old grandmother who could recycle ANYTHING before recycling was cool, back in 2011, I decided (in the spirit of the Julie/Julia Project...) to embark on a journey to see just how much one family could do to change our planet. I did not consult any other parties before I launched this idea. Thankfully my husband, daughter and son are usually my biggest supporters. Here is the catch; as I am normally very thrifty (you can note from early blog posts), I was looking for ways that I could reduce our carbon footprint and make socially responsible purchases without increasing our spending. Mmmmmm. I did succeed in changing our habits a bit and finding ways to reduce our footprint. There were lots of fun epic fails alone the way too! But the biggest change we have made over the course of the last six years, was to move from the mega city of Phoenix to Wyoming where we are about to take an even bigger step and move out on a dirt road in the country where we can expand our hobby bees and more! You can read my full bio on my About Me page.

Legal Disclaimer

While it is true that I am working on a PHD in Psychology and very smart and frugal, I am not a medical doctor, criminal, personal or accident lawyer. I do not sell insurance nor am I an accountant or mortgage advisor. While some of my posts may offer good ideas on home, health and business solutions, I am not personally responsible nor is Considering frugal for any advice, ideas, recipes or menu plans that you decide to use. This blog is intended to be helpful and fun. Any products you purchase from my Amazon store or any other retailer advertised on my blog must be returned to them. I may sometimes endorse a product that I love. This is simply my opinion, you must try all products at your own risk. While I personally do not use tracking cookies or share information, my affiliates are third parties and they may do so. Please click, travel and purchase at your own risk.

frugal advice

"...for your Father knows what you need before you ask." Matthew 6:8