Thursday, August 12, 2010

Affordable Field-trip Ideas

Affordable Field trips
Affordable Field Trips

Vertuccio Farms (Pizza Farm)

Vertuccio Farm is a working farm build in the shape of a Pizza for the purpose of educating students of all ages about the different working aspects of a farm. In addition to a guided tour of the farm you can pick your own pumpkin, ride a children’s train, and pet animals.

Farm Website @ http://www.vertucciofarms.com/

Arizona Museum of Natural History

The Arizona Museum of Natural History is an educational museum with archeological treasures of every kind from Native artifacts to dinosaur bones; as Arizona is the site of many fossil graveyards there will be exhibits that display materials located right here in the state. For a minimal cost of $4 per visitor we will have access to all museum exhibits.

http://www.arizonamuseumofnaturalhistory.org/Home.aspx.

Cerreta Candy Factory

Cerreta Candy Company will give a 30 minute factory tour that will end with a candy sample. There is a free parking area at the factory.
Cerreta Candy Company @ http://www.cerreta.com/

Japanese Friendship Garden

The Japanese Friendship Garden is an authentic peek into Japanese life and culture; learn about Japanese plants, architecture and culture. Enjoy a guided tour of the garden and ceremonial tea house with the secret door and learn about the tea ceremony; at tours end the children will be invited to feed the garden fish. Cost is $3 per person.
Japanese Friendship Garden @ http://www.japanesefriendshipgarden.org/html/tours_2.html

Imagination Avenue

Imagination Avenue is a complete indoor town of play houses and buildings. It is safe for children of all ages; everyone must play in their socks, including adults.

Read more at their website @ http://www.imaginationavenue.us/

Arizona Hall of Flame Museum

The Arizona Hall of Flame Museum is all about firefighting. A real firefighter will take you on a guided tour followed by a story about a real fire. At the end of this one hour tour children will play on a real fire engine and then we will go outside for ½ hour of water play and organized “Bucket Brigade” fire games.

Arizona Hall of Flame Museum @ http://www.hallofflame.org/hrsloc.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I became Considering frugal

Fueled by the growing list of pollution related allergies my family suffered from each day and inspired by my 97 year old grandmother who could recycle ANYTHING before recycling was cool, back in 2011, I decided (in the spirit of the Julie/Julia Project...) to embark on a journey to see just how much one family could do to change our planet. I did not consult any other parties before I launched this idea. Thankfully my husband, daughter and son are usually my biggest supporters. Here is the catch; as I am normally very thrifty (you can note from early blog posts), I was looking for ways that I could reduce our carbon footprint and make socially responsible purchases without increasing our spending. Mmmmmm. I did succeed in changing our habits a bit and finding ways to reduce our footprint. There were lots of fun epic fails alone the way too! But the biggest change we have made over the course of the last six years, was to move from the mega city of Phoenix to Wyoming where we are about to take an even bigger step and move out on a dirt road in the country where we can expand our hobby bees and more! You can read my full bio on my About Me page.

frugal advice

"...for your Father knows what you need before you ask." Matthew 6:8

Legal Disclaimer

While it is true that I am working on a PHD in Psychology and very smart and frugal, I am not a medical doctor, criminal, personal or accident lawyer. I do not sell insurance nor am I an accountant or mortgage advisor. While some of my posts may offer good ideas on home and business solutions, I am not personally responsible nor is Considering frugal for any advice, ideas, recipes or menu plans that you decide to use. This blog is intended to be helpful and fun. Any products you purchase from my Amazon store or any other retailer advertised on my blog must be returned to them. Any sponsors or advertisers are independent of this blog.